This is a Venezuelan food called Cachapas (veganised).
Sweet & Savoury fresh corn pancakes filled with Notzarella, Cherry tomatoes & Jalapeño’s.
Eaten as a hearty breakfast, light lunch or a snack…actually any excuse will do!
- 3 cups fresh,frozen corn or tinned
- ¾ cup almond or soy milk
- ⅔ tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Mozzarella-style cheese (or any that will melt)
- Jalapenos to taste
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper to season.
- Combine corn, milk, flour, ground flaxseed, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a food processor and pulse until it resembles creamed corn. (add extra milk if you think its too thick.) Let the batter sit for 10 minutes and stir a few times before using.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter and spread on the pan using a circular motion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side. Flip and cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded cheese, jalapenos & sliced cherry tomatoes on the cooked side after you’ve flipped it the first time. After the bottom has cooked for 2 minutes, season it well and fold the pancake over the cheese like an omelette. Cook for another minute to melt the cheese.