Lets take a classic recipe and make it REALLY special!
Coconut Pancakes with Maple’d Peaches
Recipe type: Breakfast
Lets take a classic recipe and make it REALLY special! Serves 4
- 1¾ cups (255g) self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 cup (75g) Coconut, desiccated
- 1½ cups (375ml) non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 orange, zested
- 60g non-dairy spread, melted
- Extra non-dairy spread for cooking
- Sliced peaches, tinned
- Maple syrup to serve
- In a mixing bowl combine, flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, cornflour and coconut.
- Mix briskly with a whisk to remove any lumps and to aerate dry ingredients.
- In a jug combine the milk & lemon juice / vinegar (this makes vegan ‘buttermilk’), vanilla, orange zest & melted butter and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- In a frypan melt a teaspoon of additional non-dairy spread over low-medium heat.
- Pour a small amount of the batter into the pan and using the back of a spoon spread the mixture out to make rounds.
- Cook for two minutes or until small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip over and cook for a further minute until browned underneath.
- Serve with peach slices and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve while hot. Enjoy!