Have you been to a market and seen the Turkish Gözlemes being slapped silly by the cooks? The rolling machine whirring constantly and the plates whizzing past with people squirting lemon in their eyes as they walk past in a steady stream…well be jealous no more! Go and get your best frypan out, grab some vegan greek yoghurt and invite some friends over for a light bite to eat over a cold bevvy on the weekend! Off you go!
- 500g self raising flour
- 450g Kingland vegan greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Extra flour for dusting
- Olive oil
- 120g baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 200g Daiya Jalapeño Havarti (or other vegan cheese or marinated tofu/feta)
- Lemon Wedges
- Place yoghurt, flour and salt in a mixer with kneading hook.
- Knead on low until the dough is formed.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover with cling wrap and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- When rested, cut into eight portions.
- Dust the bench with extra flour and roll out until very thin.
- Top with baby spinach leaves over the surface.
- Crumble 25g vegan cheese per Gözleme.
- Fold the Gözleme over onto itself and press down to release air pockets.
- Roll the edges closed and press down or use a form to seal shut.
- Heat frypan with a small amount of oil on medium heat and place Gözleme face down.
- Keep lifting the Gözleme to see the colouration and flip it when brown.
- Lift out of the pan when both sides toasted well (a few minutes)
- Serve hot with a wedge of lemon.
Place yoghurt, flour and salt in a mixer and knead on low until dough is formed.
Rest the dough for 15 minutes under cling film.
Divide into eight portions.
Roll out until very thin.
Top with baby spinach leaves and crumbled vegan cheese.
Fold over and seal the edges well.
Cook in frypan until lightly browned, serve hot and with a lemon wedge on the side. Enjoy!