Perfect for a chilly night. Hot sticky baked tofu baked in a smoky hickory sauce and served with a light tangy potato salad with freshly ripped continental parsley & lemon zest. Also great for the BBQ!
Hickory Smoked Tofu with Lemony Smash'd Potatoes
Recipe type: Main
- 1 x Packet Fried Tofu
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Soy
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 1.3 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- Tabasco to taste
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Continental Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 160c and place tofu in baking tray.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a pan over heat, cook until it has thickened and has a BBQ sauce consistency.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu and place the tofu in the oven for approx 20 minutes. Do not cover the tofu; let the tofu get baked in the sticky sauce uncovered.
- Peel and steam the potatoes and leave to cool. When cool, tear them apart with your fingers and place in a mixing bowl. Pour over the remaining ingredients and toss well. Add more lemon to your liking if you wish.
- Slice the Tofu to serve, lemony potatoes on the side and steamed broccolini.