Put the kettle on and invite the neighbours around!
This recipe is from the super fabulous Chef Chloe
There is no point re-inventing the wheel, when something is perfect lets all enjoy it and applaud the creator.
- 2 cups Plain Flour plus 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Bicarb Soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approximately 2 very ripe bananas, mashed on a plate using the back of a fork)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, mixed well before measuring
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Lightly grease a 5- x 10-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. In a separate bowl, whisk together bananas, coconut milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips; do not over mix.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean with a few crumbs clinging to it. Rotate the pan halfway through baking time. Let cool then cover with sifted with icing sugar.