If you ever go to weekend markets you will undoubtedly see some lovely ladies there with a table groaning with homemade slices and cakes and those cutesy jam jars with little fabric circles on them.
I LOVE coming home with homemade goodies, there is something so comforting about them and you can just imagine those ladies with flour coated aprons and the smell of their homes as the baking begins!
Everyone loves a good slice to have with a cuppa. Be generous with the jam and I promise you no complaints! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- 125g Non-Dairy Spread
- 1 small Banana
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Jam
- 6 tablespoons Aquafaba (drained liquid from canned chickpeas)
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 2 cups Coconut, desiccated
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Grease and line a 24cm square lamington pan or cake tin.
- Process flour, sugar, spread, banana and vanilla essence to form a dough.
- Press dough into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Spread jam over warm base.
- Whip aquafaba on high speed with a whisk attachment.
- When white and frothy add Cream of Tartar
- Add sugar slowly and gradually until peaks for and mixture is 'meringue' like.
- Gently fold through the Coconut and spread over the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Slice into generous pieces and enjoy!