Vanilla Bean Risotto with White Peaches
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1¼ cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped out
- 2 T Non-Dairy Spread
- 1 cup Arborio (Risotto) Rice
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Coconut Milk, extra
- Place the coconut milk, non-dairy milk and vanilla bean in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until hot but not boiling. Stir it gently to infuse the vanilla seeds throughout the milk.
- In another pot, melt the non-dairy spread and add the rice. Cook, stirring for a few minutes until the rice becomes translucent.
- Add the hot milk a cup at a time, stirring between additions until the liquid has all been absorbed and the rice is just cooked through. Stir in the sugar and extra milk (add more to make it the consistency that you like if you wish).
- Let sit for a couple of minutes and then serve into bowls of freshly sliced white peaches.
- Dust with cacao for a snazzy presentation.
- Serving suggestion: Serve over poached fruits like Rhubarb, Apples & Pears. Also delicious served cold so great for lunch boxes for both adults and the kids!